Being a Christian is as easy as A...B...C!
ADMIT: Admit to God that you are a sinner. Turn away from your sin. The bible says...
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
- Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord. Acts 3:19
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
BELIEVE: By faith, receive Jesus Christ as God's Son and accept Jesus' gift of forgiveness from sin. The bible says...
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
- Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
- Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
- But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
CONFESS: Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. The bible says...
- That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved...for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:9-10, 13
If you are choosing right now to believe Jesus died for your sins and to receive new life through Him, pray a prayer similar to this as you call upon Him alone to be your Savior and Lord:
Dear God, I know I am a sinner and have rebelled against you in many ways. I believe Jesus died for my sins and only through Him can I be forgiven. I now turn from my sin and ask you, O' Lord Jesus to come into my life as my Savior. From this day forward, I will follow and obey You. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for loving me and for forgiving me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen
After you have received Jesus Christ into your life, share your decision with another person, and find a church. If you have prayed to receive Christ today, we would like to hear from you. Please click here to let us know.
Parkway's Home Page | back to top